Benefits of Using a Natural Leave-In Hair Conditioner
If you blow dry or use a flat iron or curling wand on your hair, you’ll know how effective these tools can be for styling and setting your hair.
Unfortunately, one of the dangers of heat styling is that it can cause damage to the hair cuticle resulting in dry, cracked, brittle hair.
For decades, women (and men) may be unknowingly damaging their hair in order to properly style it with heat.
If you’ve ever used heat tools for an extended period of time, you may eventually have noticed that your hair has become more drier or frizzier over time.
To fix this predicament, you may have tried using extra strength hair conditioners, masques or hot oil treatments to try and re-condition and moisturize your hair.
Well, it’s time to enter the 21st century of natural hair care and put an end to all that dry, damaged and frizzy hair!
Are You Missing this Vital Step in Your Hair Care Routine?
Any hair care expect will tell you that it’s vitally important to hydrate and protect your hair strands before using any type of heat tool; this is to ensure your hair will stay strong and vibrant, as well as look and feel young and healthy.
Modern day hair stylists now claim that the most effective way to get soft, manageable, healthy-looking hair is to use a leave-in hair conditioner for your particular hair type.
A good quality leave-in hair conditioner can help prevent heat damage, de-tangle strands, reduce frizz, tame reckless fly-aways, enhance hair color and keep your curls soft and smooth.
And unlike traditional conditioners that you may use in the shower and wash out, leave-in hair conditioners are applied afterward and left in your hair until your next washing.
These specialty products are usually lighter and less dense than regular hair conditioners, but they provide more intense moisturization and heat protection for your delicate hair.
However, while you’ll want to protect your hair, just like you protect your skin, some leave-in hair conditioners can contain ingredients that can do more harm than good.
Beware of Dangerous Ingredients in Hair Care Products
Using a good, quality leave-in hair conditioner can do wonders for your hair’s health. However, many products can contain toxic chemicals and synthetic ingredients.
Here’s a few ingredients you should avoid putting on your hair:
– many silicones work by actually coating the hair shaft which can make it appear shiny and smooth
– however, some silicones could actually be drying out your hair by preventing whatever healthy nutrients in your conditioner from penetrating the hair shaft.
X Alcohol- Based Products
– alcohols, such as propyl alcohol, may be added to help increase drying time but can dry out your hair and irritate the scalp
– parabens are anti-bacterial and can be used as preservatives in many hair and body care products
– studies have shown parabens can actually be absorbed through the skin and may be toxic to human cells
X Artificial Fragrances
– while it’s great to have a nice smelling hair care product, many fragrances are synthetically-derived from petroleum by-products and have been shown to increase the risk for headaches, skin reactions and even asthma attacks
– the fact is, manufacturers don’t even have to tell you the actual ingredients used to make their ‘trademark’ fragrances or scents.
So how can you get the benefits of a leave-in hair conditioner without exposing your hair and body to these possibly toxic chemicals and dangerous ingredients?
I like to use Organic Leave In Hair Conditioners that contain healthy hair oils such as jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil, and virgin coconut oil.
All of these oils can help nourish, moisturize and protect your hair. If fact, many people have found that coconut oil helps dry hair, and makes it softer, smoother and more managable.
These types of specialty hair care products can help provide maximum protection for your hair, while avoiding or reducing your exposure to possible toxins and unhealthy ingredients found in many body care products.
Home Page > Leave In Hair Conditioner